Friday, May 07, 2010

Update May 2010: Bamboo Rafting Round 4 and yakitty yack...

Salam,

Been awhile since I last updated my blog. Totally thought I fully recovered from my surgery, only to find myself hit with viral infection every forthnight causing my right leg to swollen almost as big as hulk feet and high fever that made my hands shaking hard. Luckily, the doc gave me medication to recover.

It has not been fun for the past few months for me. With the fortnight sickness, lots of mishaps and delays really agonized me. First, I lost my N80. Haven't taken my time to go to Maxis to pick up my new sim chip. So my 017 is off for awhile. I thought I can get a new handphone, only to receive news that my last 2 months lecturing salary will be delayed to this mid-month. Even my ongoing 3D projects got hold up.

Both washing machine I had broke down, my wife having sore back washing old-style. My MacPro started to have strange problems. Maybe its the Leopard upgrade but one thing for sure my internal 1.5TB RAID 0 is almost reach its end of life. Getting Error -36 most of the times. Darn, extremely needing extra cash to get new drives.

To add to my agony, two hours ago, my Rusa clutch plate gave up on me. So right now onwards, I am immobile.

The good side, my friends gave me a prepaid card and a handphone to keep me reachable. My new other number is 016-237 6324. It is temporary and I hope to get my 017 online once my financial status settled.

And above all, my family and me are still sane and surprisingly, still full of laughter. LOLZ

OK. Back to main topic. This month is the anniversary month for our bamboo rafting endeavor. This is the fourth trip there. This is the Alumni Mass Comm Ning site admin event. It is open to all Mass Commites, family, relatives and friends. Only this time, the place we going is different. The lodging will be a bamboo house replicating orang asli house, better amenities and this time we may be able to try using "sumpit." After 3 trips, we finally going to an Orang Asli event, "bersewang."

I designed and redesigned the tee-shirt logo and did some promo on the Ning site this time too.


First initial design

Current Design


Details on the event can be read here.

Now I need to figure out what I can do to fix my Rusa. If D.I.Y. can solve it, alhamdulillah. If not my empty pocket gonna get burn much deeper. Ouchhhhhhhhh

No comments: